Monday, April 11, 2011

Eventually

no trip to Silver Dollar City is complete without a visit to the jail, trust me for at least a portion of the day we wanted to leave them there!
My Creation:
Details:
The Color Combo:
Products Used: printed papers-Sassafras Nerdy Bird; Artic Blue Tattered Angels; 3 round rubons-Basic Grey Boxer; red cardstock-CTMH Cranberry; yellow cardstock-CTMH Buttercup; blue cardstock-SU Not Quite Navy; ink pad - CTMH Outdoor Denim; spray-Tattered Angels Slate; lettering cut with Cricut using Gypsy and the Paper Lace Cartridge.

TECHNIQUE NOTE: I embossed the Cranberry cardstock using a Tim Holtz embossing folder with my Sizzix Texture Botique, the rubbed my Outdoor Denim ink pad lightly across parts of it, after that I got out my sanding block and sanded down until I could see part of the white core of the cardstock.

Also a big DESIGN TEAM WELCOME!!! To Leanne, Linda, Lesley, Michele F & Michele K! They became a part of our team last week, please give them a warm welcome!

6 comments:

  1. Hehe, I can understand the need to leave them there!!!!!!! Fabulous and fun page Paula. You always inspire me to pull out my scrapbooking stuff and get to work! Thanks for the warm welcome to the team!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA, HA...I know what you mean..LOL. I just love your layout with the colors this week Paula. Is the paper under eventually like that or did you do something? It is AMAZING!!! I just love seeing your different supplies each week. Thanks for the wonderful inspiration again this week. You rock!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a funny layout!! Love it! I love your embossing/sanding technique. Scrapbooking is my first love... so you are bound to see a few layouts from me as well. So glad to be a part of this TEAM! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job, team mate...love these colors, and you made the layout work great. Thanks for the nice words on my invite to the team!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the expression (or the total difference of expression on the boys faces), very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun layout! The embossing/sanding technique is fab! Will have to give that a try. So happy to be part of PPC design team! :)

    ReplyDelete