Friday, June 1, 2012

Gettin Hippity with Ippity? I AM


oh yeh, you read it right... I'm their Guest Designer! Go over to Get Hippity with Ippity to read more about it, err mmm me ;-)



This week their challenge was "Flower with a Leaf" but the flower I chose has two leaves, sure hope that's ok especially since I LOVE this Ippity stamp that comes in the Bloom & Simplify set that I received fairly recently.



Come play along with us!







nope, I didn't do amazing coloring on this flower, stem & leaves.  Here's what I did, using StazOn, I stamped the image on some plastic packaging as well as some Vanilla cardstock.  Next I fussy cut the flower & stem apart.  Then I dripped two shades of red on the flower portion and one shade of green on the stem & leaves. From there it was simply using Glue Dots to attach the pieces onto the cardstock.  And oh so pretty!



To top off the flower, I added a brown dew drop.



Card Base - DoodleBug Designs (got it CHEAP at Crop Chocolate)

Background coloring - Tim Holtz Broken China

Metal Tag - CloseToMyHeart

Ribbon - Making Memories Celery Ribbon (thanks Kiki Kukuk)

Us Stamp - Unity Sentiments O'Simple

Alcohol Ink - TH Adirondack Currant (tiny bit), Watermelon (main color), and Meadow

Tiny red hearts - colored with Creative Memories fine tip markers

buttons - misc

3 comments:

  1. Love that RED! Great idea to stamp it on plastic and use the alcohol inks. Congrats on being a guest designer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great card Paula!!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paula, thanks so much for being our Guest Designer at GHWI. This is an amazing little piece of art. Thanks for sharing your talent with us.

    ReplyDelete