Friday, May 24, 2013

winner

so even though CropChocolate doesn't have a retail side of their site any more, they did keep the social sceen going along with weekly Challenges.  This week my amazing friend DeeDee aka UmWowStudio posted a sketch for us all to play along with. I used the sketch pretty much straight up without many modifications at all.

and play I did!

Base is Corrugated Cardstock from Fancy Pants

Washi Tape - Queen&Co.

ChipBoard Pieces - UmWowStudio

Alphas - RememberWhen Lotsa Letters in Blue & White (which I colored using Tim Holtz Barn Door & Fired Brick)

Blue Ink - Tim Holtz Salty Ocean

Mask in top Left corner - TheCreativeWorkshop

Tattered Angles - Chalkboard Tomate Cerise (which turned a weird pink color) and topped with Glimmer Mist Burnt Red (which I like a whole lot better but it sorta looks like blood....oops)

and that stray red paperclip I've been hanging on to for who knows how long now

5 comments:

  1. AWESOME !!!! Holy Scrap Paula, I think this is outstanding! It has great visual impact.
    I wanted to thank you for sharing your brother's story a while back, having read that, it makes what happened in Oklahoma recently so much more real than pictures on the TV. I have never seen a tornado IRL, but I have a much greater understanding of their impact thanks to that story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing layout! Love all the layers and the textures. Thanks for your comment on my blog. Thanks for your support of OWH.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great LO Paula!!! So many details to love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is incredible!!! I wish I could come up with layouts like this one! I love love LOVE those 3 hexes in the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I told you this before, I laughed so hard at this.. this layout is just AMAZEBALLS. Hilarious, so him!

    ReplyDelete