Friday, January 9, 2015

ADORNit - wood plaque

Oh My Gosh! When I opened up this package I was GIDDY with excitement!
It immediately came to me what I wanted to do this this ADORNit
Wood Plaque Life is Beautiful

I started out by using Liqiutex Gesso over the entire wood base piece
Setting aside the wood letters for later use

Next I applied Twinkling H20's over the entire surface, working from the sky down to the grass
I hit it with the heat embossing tool to make sure all colors were completely dried before moving on

No photo for this step: using Unity's Stamp Company's Wild Poppy Silhouette (Donna Downey was the artist), I colored it quickly using Faber-Castell PITT artist pen big brush in Black and stamped for some faint floral images.

Using Donna Downey's Stencil with Faber-Castell PITT artist pen big brush in Black,
I carefully colored in just those flowers (the poppies) on top of the stamped poppies.
This step took quite a while and I used a tapping movement instead of brushing.

I found I had two chipboard Swallows from UmWow Studios which I painted
using Twinkling H20's in Black, along with a floral piece I painted using Twinkling H20's in rainforest. Once dry, I applied to the wood base using Yes!Paste

No photo for this step: I used Tim Holtz Distress Inks on the letting as the word "beautiful" was slightly darker than all the other letters, I just kept using various shades of brown until I got the look I wanted.

Using Yes!Paste, I positioned all letting where I thought they would look best.

Here's another view:

2 comments: