Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Floral Wall Hanging (a tutorial)

Hello!  I was sweetly asked to be Crop Chocolate's Guest Designer for March using a Nature theme... which I LOVE, total Nature freak here.  First I'm showing off my finished product... TaDah!


I am so thrilled with it that it is hanging in my living room



Products Needed:
11x13 Canvas
Tattered Angles Chalkboard in Fern & London Fog
Tattered Angles Glimmer Mist in Frost
Elastic edging cut from an old sheet
Fancy Pants Doodles & Things Stamp Set
Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Forest Moss
Large Brass Plated Fasteners (from office supply section of store)
Making Memories Piercer
Making Memories Ribbon in Celery
Ranger Industries Liquid Pearls in White Opal



Step 1: from bottom edge of Canvas spray in an upward direction using Tattered Angles Chalkboard in Fern, then spraying straight onto middle of Canvas using Tattered Angle Chalkboard in Lodon Fog, last from top edge of Canvas spray in an upward direction using Tattered Angles Glimmer Mist in Frost. Set aside to dry.  Sorry I didn't have anybody to take a picture of me doing this, I looked fabulous tho ;-)


  

Step 2: Using elastic cut from old sheet, roll until you have the desired size, then sew into place. Create 5 fabric flowers.











Step 3: Attach small Stem from Fancy Pants Doodles & Things Stamp Set to block, ink up using Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Forest Moss & stamp directly onto Canvas, repeat using larger Stem stamp. Set aside to dry. 








Step 4: Insert Brass Plated Fastener into each fabric flower. Using Making Memories Piercer, create holes in Canvas close to stamped stems & insert Fastener thru, folding backs completely over on back side of Canvas. 











Step 5: Using MM Piercer, create 2 holes (one of each side of stem) at desired location, using Making Memories Ribbon in Celery, sew from front to back, tie knot & trim to desired lengths.  Repeat. 









Step 6: Apply a liberal amount of Liquid Pearls to centers of flowers to cover up Brass Plated Fastener completely.  Allow to dry. 













I hope you've enjoyed this tutorial.  Please let me know if you have any questions at all!

2 comments:

  1. Okay, it's official..you are a robot! Non-stop cool posts and THIS one, I LOVE SO MUCH. Paula, what an awesome wall hanging and the colors are amazing. The canvas is sprayed beautifully and those recycled bed sheet elastic flowers are the BOMB!!
    I applaud and bow to you as I exit....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you crack me up! seriously... anybody who sees your paper creations has to pick their jaw up off the floor! I know, I've done it several times myself ;-) But I am so glad you like this project, once I got going it just threw itsself onto the canvas!

      Delete